- 1 How do I Increase Storage on My Mi Box S?
- 2 There are ways you can increase the storage on your TV.
- 3 Delete Unused Apps and Games
- 4 Clean up the cache (Install Clean Master App)
- 5 Add an External Storage
- 6 How to set up External Storage on Mi Box?
- 7 How to move applications to Micro SD Card?
- 8 Can I use the Portable Hard Disk of Xiaomi Mi Box S?
- 9 Conclusion
Xiaomi Mi Box S comes with the 8G Rom and 2G RAM. The device allows you to extend the storage above the internal memory and access more storage capacity. However, default memory in the system soon gets occupied with the storage, and you may not store new files. The saturated storage space would be more complicated to manage.
Lack of storage also affects the various services on the device. For example, no new data will be stored, which may cause the device not to store the essential notification sent by the operating system or the Google play store. The good news is, the Mi box s allow the users to increase the storage capacity by simply connecting the new storage stick such as USB and micro SD card.
How do I Increase Storage on My Mi Box S?
Growing demand for media files and entertainment stuff such as videos, movies, and gaming, the storage becomes the casting stone between you and your entertainment time. But, unfortunately, not all the Android TV comes with the large storage facility.
The internal storage offers sufficient space to store regular files and data. However, the high-end Android TV may come up with an extended storage capacity that offers double-digit storage. After using the Mi Box S device for few months, you may need the increase storage space on your TV.
There are ways you can increase the storage on your TV.
- Optimization of the internal storage to increase the space on the existing memory.
- Connect additional storage such as USB and Micro USB devices.
Follow the below guide to get more storage on your Mi Box S and enjoy your entertainment world.
Delete Unused Apps and Games
Firstly, go to the internal storage and identify the files you have not used for several months. These files may not be vital for you. Delete the unwanted files and free up space. Next, check for the apps and games that are taking too much space. If it is not needed, get rid of them as well.
Step to follow to delete the files on your Android TV.
- Turn on your Android TV device. Wait until your home screen appears.
- Go to the Settings.
- Next, scroll down to the General Settings and select the apps.
- Now select the see all apps. It will open the list of the app stored on your device. Next, select the apps that you no longer use.
- Next, click uninstall and press ok to confirm the action.
Remember that the list of apps will have the system apps as well. Do not remove any system apps else; the device will stop working, and you will not be able to use the TV until the deleted app is restored.
Pre-installed apps do not have permission to remove or delete from the device. These apps include Google play and games. However, you have the option to disable them so they will not be visible on your screen.
The disabled features hide the app from the home screen, but they are not removed from the device. Therefore, the storage space occupied by the pre-installed app will still be associated with the app.
Clean up the cache (Install Clean Master App)
In modern devices, every app installed on your device uses the cache to increase the loading speed of the application. The cache is the temporary files used to store the regular use data and use it when you load the same app again.
The cache files are essential, and they make the device easier to navigate without loading the heavy files every time you access the features.
Over time these cache files occupy more storage. The unwanted storage needs to be removed. Cleaning the cache files will free up space in your internal storage.
Either you can run the cleaning process using the manual process or use the Clean Master app. Install the clean master app on your android tv and run the app to start the cleaning process of the cache files.
Add an External Storage
Xiaomi Mi Box comes with an external storage facility. You can connect any USB drive or the micro sd card to the device and get more storage space. If your storage requirement is way too high, use the portable hard drives with the USB connector.
These devices are more flexible and give you instant access to storage—no need to change any settings or add new software to the Mi box s device. In addition, once you connect the device to your TV, it will give you instant access to your storage device.
How to set up External Storage on Mi Box?
It is effortless to increase the storage of the Mi Box S using the external storage facility. Extend the internal memory of your Mi box S with the help of the USB stick or micro SD card. Get the compatible memory card and connect it to the Mi Box, and your device is again ready to store fresh data.
Remember that you may have to format the existing storage before connecting the new USB or micro sd card to your device. Ensure that you have taken the back of the files before proceeding to the formatting of the device. Any data, once deleted, may not be able to recover from the SD card.
Follow these steps to connect the new external storage device.
- Connect the micro SD or USB to the Mi box s slot. Ensure that the storage device is compatible with the Mi Box.
- Now go to the settings and search for the “Storage and Reset” option.
- You will see the connect USB stick or the micro SD card icon visible in the setting. Next, select and press the ok button.
- The new window will pop up and display the total space available in the USB device or the connected micro SD card.
- Next, go to the section “Format as storage space.” Select the option and confirm the formatting of the storage device.
- The formatting process may take a few minutes. Wait for a while and when it is complete, click “OK.”
- Now, move the internal storage data to the USB stick or Micro SD card. Keep the external storage connected to the Mi box s device so you can use the content stored in it whenever you require. With the help of external storage, you can store as many files as you want until the storage capacity is fully utilized.
- Use the external storage for the data which no longer needed for everyday use. For example, the external storage will work as the storage device for the games and entertainment videos, movies, etc.
How to move applications to Micro SD Card?
The first thing you need to do is set up your micro sd card and connect it to the device. Once the device is connected, you will see the option to select the micro sd card on your TV.
Go to settings > General Settings > Apps > Choose the app you want to select and then go to the storage. Now in this section, you have to select the desire location for the list.
Remember that not all the apps are allowed to copy to the other storage device. Some pre-installed applications would have restricted access. It means you cannot move or delete these apps. The permission would be completely depending on the device and the developer’s intention. If you still want some apps to get removed, you can reach the developer on the support forum and take their help.
Can I use the Portable Hard Disk of Xiaomi Mi Box S?
Yes. You can connect the USB-enabled portable hard disk to Xiaomi Mi Box S. The device doesn’t require any setup or installation of the software to run the portable hard drive. Instead, you can plug in your hard drive, and it is ready to use.
Ensure that you do the format of your hard drive before you copy anything to the device. If any stored file is not compatible with the Mi box s, it will cause a problem to the TV. Formatting a hard drive will leave no threats, and your data will be safe in the storage device.
The Mi box s comes with the easy-to-connect functionality to extend the storage of your device. However, before you purchase a new storage device, clean the internal storage. Remove any files that you no longer use. The game generally contains a large number of files, and they might have occupied maximum space. Delete some games from your device will give you instant access to the free space.
Apply the basic cleaning process first, and after that, if you still find the storage is not sufficient, you can connect an external storage device such as a USB, MicroSD card, or portable hard drive. All work seamlessly and offer you great service while you enjoy your entertainment time with your family.