Are you facing Wi-Fi connection issues on your Xiaomi Mi Box S? Does your Xiaomi Mi Box S lose Wi-Fi connection frequently? If you are facing all these issues, you are reading the correct post. Many users face frequent Wi-Fi disconnection problems with their Mi Box S. They have to restart their router or switch off their Mi Box S to solve this issue. This can damage the router as well as the Mi Box. But you don’t have to worry anymore. We will discuss some easy ways for you to fix the connectivity issues.
Connect the Xiaomi Mi Box S to Wi-Fi:
Follow these steps to connect it with the Wi-Fi network.
- Connect the box to the TV using the network cable.
- Go to the Home page.
- Select Settings.
- Go to the “wireless network.”
- Find your Wi-Fi network.
- Select it.
- Enter the Wi-Fi password.
Fix Wi-Fi Connection Problems:
Check the router signal. The device will not connect to the Wi-Fi network if the signal is weak. Check the Wi-Fi name and password. If these details are incorrect, it won’t connect.
- Router settings need to be changed if it does not allow the network card address of the device. You can do it by selecting the router settings, turning off access barring, and add the device in the list of devices that are allowed to connect.
- Usually, the device is allowed to connect automatically to the Wi-Fi. However, if you are using a manual to get the IP address, make sure the DNS is correct. The gateway and DNS need to be checked if they are not normal.
- Disconnect and lose the Mi Box device. Restart the after 3 minutes. Check the connectivity.
- Sometimes other devices many interrupt the connectivity. Try disconnection with all the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth based devices. Also, unplug the induction cooker. Restart the router and check the connectivity of the Mi Box device.
- You can also restore the factory settings. Go to the main interface, select Application, Select About and then select Restore Factory Settings.
- If the above step also fails, Switch off the device, press two + buttons together, keep pressing while you switch on the device, keep the remote facing the box, Go to “Reboot System Now,” There will be two systems to choose from, choose It is not an OK option and then upgrade the system.
Fix Frequent Losing Wi-Fi Connection:
- Open your Computer and enter the router settings page. (See the back of the router for settings)
- Set the forwarding rule –UPnP off.
- Enable DHCP to avoid network disconnection due to renewal.
- Bind the fixed IP.
- Copy MAC address.
- Add the IP address in the static address section.
- Use any address in the range of the DHCP service address pool.
- Check the recommended channel setting in the wireless setting option.
- It is normally set to 1 or 11.
- Select 40MHz bandwidth if no other Wi-Fi is near.
- Select 20 MHz if, if there are many signals near.
- Do not choose the SSID broadcast.
- Hide the Wi-Fi signal name.
- Now when you have to connect other devices, select other and manually add the SSID name.
Customers can contact the support center to solve any further issues by filling in the ticket and sending it to them.
These are all the ways in which you can fix the Wi-Fi connection issues on Xiaomi Mi Box S.