Xiaomi Mi Box 4 is cheaper than Nvidia Shield and better than Amazon Fire TV. But for some people, Amazon Fire TV might be the better option. Mi Box has major advantages over Amazon Fire TV such as Mi Box 4 is Kodi supported, voice control and favorite application via Google Play Store. However, even without Kodi installed, Amazon Fire TV also has some advantages over Mi Box. To understand the differences between this two major competitive devices, let’s see the complete comparison of Mi Box and Amazon Fire.
Not only the TV boxes but also Xiaomi’s all devices are remarkable and ingenious in design and the best in value.
- Price: Xiaomi’s overwhelming form factor and the best design beats the Amazon fire when it comes to the price. Mi Box 4 starts from $69 where the new generation of Amazon Fire which is capable of 4k HDR streaming will be more than $70.
- Technical differences: Mi box and Amazon Fire TV are almost in the same boat in terms of technical specifications. Both of the devices have:
- 4K streaming at 60 FPS,
- 2 GB RAM, 8GB internal storage with expandable capability,
- Quad-core Cortex-A53 processor, and
- Personal virtual assistants.
- Standout Features: Amazon’s digital assistant Alexa is along for the ride here. It’s not quite as powerful in terms of media control, but it’s still better than average. And, when it comes to game controller and devices, Amazon changed the way with their set-top boxes. To maintain their reputation, Fire TV and Fire TV Stick have game controller support and a decent choice of things to play. On the other hand, Mi Box 4 has the access to Google Play Store which is enough for downloading and playing games from any Android Nerds.
- Availability: As Amazon has their personal and overpowered online store, availability of Amazon Fire TV is out of comparison. On the other hand, Mi Box will be available through Mi.Com and Walmart shop in the US and Europe and Xiaomi have their local business in most of the Asian Country. So, Overall availability will be almost same as Amazon Fire TV.
When it comes to choosing between Amazon Fire and Mi Box, it also depends on you but not only the above comparison. If you’re all about that Amazon life, the Fire TV is the best pick for you, or maybe the Fire TV Stick if you want to save at least like thirty bucks, but whatever. And, for the Android nerds, just get a Mi Box 4 and done with it. It’s a great box and by far the most powerful, versatile option between Amazon Fire TV and Mi boxes. Moreover, Mi Box 4 is unequivocally the best Android box right now at this price range, which is not just a blowing smoke.