The new android version was the most anticipated update of the year. After a long wait, the update has been released to the general public. At the moment, the new beta version is released to the Android 9 Pie on the Xiaomi Mi Box S. It is name beta 0 by the developer.
The beta version might have some bug in it. However, the user who has installed the beta version has reported that the new version works seamlessly without any error. You would be able to run and enjoy the latest features before others get to enjoy the stable version of Android 9 Pie.
What are Mi Box S Old version Bugs?
In the earlier Android version, users have reported several issues on the online forum. The developer of the Android has considered all the reported errors and fixed them in the new version. Here is the list of the old version bugs that are not fixed.
- Unstable Chromecast functionality. In most cases, it was not working properly.
- Playback of the app used to freeze.
- Special H264 decode error fixing.
- Audio syncing problem has been fixed in the new version.
- New HDMI Compatibility feature is introduced.
- Mysterious pop sound when you put the STB in standby mode is fixed.
- Gboard support had an error, which is fixed now.
- CEC not working problem is fixed.
- System error when it reset from the standby mode.
- Enable more WI-FI channels in the special area.
How to update Xiaomi Mi Box S?
The Xiaomi Mi Box S has recently announced the new Android update for the Mi box S device. The stable version is available for the update and can be installed on your device. You can download the new OTA update from the settings > about > system updates.
What’re the new Features?
The Xiaomi Mi Box S update has brought new features as well as bug fixing of the earlier version. The latest Android 9 Pie has a stable OTA version compatible with the new Bluetooth gamepads.
Now the device is supporting a peel MI remote that helps you to control your MI-BOX from your smartphone device. It is now compatible with the BT Gamepads. Bug fixes of the old version have eased the software from the frequent errors. The error would not bother you anymore.
How to Xiaomi Mi Box S Firmware Update?
Installing the latest Xiaomi Mi Box S Firmware Update is quite simple. The new version of Android has rolled out and made available for the MI box s device users worldwide.
Follow these steps to update your device.
- Go to the Menu Settings
- Next, choose the device preferences
- And in the next window, choose “System Update.”
- Click on check for updated and let the device find if there is a new update available for your device.
If there is the latest update available for the device, you will receive the message. Install it, and the Mi device would start the update process. It will take some time to complete the latest update process, so be patient. During the update, your device might turn off a few times. You are not able to use the device while it is updating.
Updating the Mi Box S to Android 9 Pie Stable Version is quite simple. You will be prompt with the notification whenever there is a new update available for your device. You can also manually check in the setting for new software updates. Keep your device up to date to avoid any software errors.